VideoWhisper RTMP side for Wowza Streamin Engine / Media Server can also monitor 3rd party clients, other than VideoWhisper web applications, like Wirecast, Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE), Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), iOS/Android GoCoder app for rtmp live broadcasting.
This solution is also required for some of the VideoWhisper mobile apps and can be implemented with the regular web apps to avoid high web server load because of requests done by each client to notify online status to web scripts. With this solution a single web request reports status for all rtmp connected clients. This is recommended for complex web frameworks that need considerable CPU and memory for each request (ex. WordPress).
In example, if a broadcaster connects directly with an external encoder application, the website scripts can be notified about this to show his channel as LIVE.
Also web scripts can communicate back to rtmp server to disconnect a client when necessary.
Live example of this functionality: WordPress Live Streaming plugin uses this for supporting external broadcasting applications on LivOn.tv .
Find on this page how to: license, install and configure.
This type of functionality for 3rd party applications, is not covered by standard VideoWhisper license levels.
Standard licenses are for VideoWhisper application.
RTMP side license is for functionality designed for 3rd party applications.
A special license is required for each RTMP server (per IP).
Purchase VideoWhisper RTMP Full Mode License for 299USD/lifetime
Rent VideoWhisper RTMP Full Mode License for 19USD/month
This type of license is NOT required when:
- Using VideoWhisper Wowza Hosting (shared or dedicated), as our servers are already licensed. Setup of rtmp side is managed by our staff.
- Using only VideoWhisper applications, as these have direct status calls to web scripts, unless project developers decide to use rtmp-web session control instead.
- A license is per server IP (dedicated server / VPS). Main host public IP must be specified (ping server part of rtmp address to identify it).
- Server IP can be corrected (modified) once for free, on request, within the first year after purchase and on each billing cycle for subscriptions. Extra changes can be processed for a standard installation/assistance fee.
- License includes 1 free installation of videowhisper application if hosting requirements are met (compatible rtmp server installed, running and accessible).
- VideoWhisper RTMP license does not include other types of services like licensing (for VideoWhisper applications,Wowza Streaming Engine, commercial scripts). These have to be ordered separately if needed for project.
- Software is licensed for usage under certain terms, not sold. There is an End User License Agreement for the software distributed from this site.
- Software source is not provided. Tweaks can be discussed and contracted.
- Subscriptions (plans labeled as monthly, quarterly or other limited duration) are billed automatically until canceled. Subscriptions can be canceled anytime from the billing site where order was placed. If you wish to terminate a subscription, make sure you cancel it before billing date. After subscription cancellation service is terminated and can be reactivated anytime by ordering again.
- Must be "true" to allow 3rd party applications to connect, without providing extra parameters as VideoWhisper applications do.
- URL will be called by rtmp side when a client connects. Will pass by GET session as "s" and rest of parameters received in rtmp address like.
- First and second parameters from rtmp address are used as session name and room name, by rtmp application, when external client connects.
- Expects script output as a list of parameters (login, role, canKick) separated by & . Parameter login is required and must be 1 for connection to be accepted.
- URL will be called when a client disconnects with session name as GET "s".
- This will only work when RTMP server is licensed to run in full mode.
- URL will be called with "users" variable sent by POST.
Content will be a PHP serialised array containing all connected users as sub arrays with keys: sessions, rooms, role (1 for broadcaster, 0 for watcher), username, cam, mic, ip, startTime, lastPing. For external apps multipe of these will not be defined.
- Expects script output as a list of parameters separated by &, containing parameter "controlUsers" as a PHP serialised array with keys session names and value an array for each user with keys "disconnect" and "room".
Ex: controlUsers=<?php echo serialize(array("user1" => array("disconnect" => "You are disconnected!", room => "Lobby")) ?>
Live example of this functionality can be found in WordPress Live Streaming plugin uses this for supporting external broadcasting applications on LivOn.tv.
For best performance, rtmp sever and web server (scripts) should be on same physical server.