If you have a dedicated server from a 3rd party provider but don't have a server administrator to manage OS and rtmp server (setup rtmp server, upgrade server software, restart and troubleshoot when needed, deploy and configure new rtmp applications) our admins can also provide server management. Purpose of this service is to deploy and administrate the software requirements for streaming on a suitable server.
Server administration includes all these possible services (including rates per individual item installation):
- Installation / Reinstallation of RTMP server (Red5 or Wowza SE if you have a license key) [quarterly updates] ~ $150/installation
- Installation / Reinstallation of FFMPEG and codecs required for transcoding between Flash, HTML5, WebRTC encodings [quarterly updates] ~ $69/installation
FFMPEG, mplayer, mencoder, flvtool2, yamdi; including codecs: x264, speex, nellymoser, theora, mp3lame, vorbis, ogg, faac / fdk_aac, faad2, xvid , opus, vp8, vp9, x265
- Installation of document conversion tools [quarterly updates] (required to convert PDF, PPT, DOC, XLS to images for web based display) ~ $69/installation
Apache_OpenOffice, unoconv, ImageMagick
- Installation of RTMP side applications (VideoWhiper RTMP and other if instructions provided and standard installation steps are involved) [quarterly updates] ~ $25-50/installation
- Installation of licensed VideoWhisper editions [quarterly updates] ~ $25/installation
- Configuration of WebRTC for Wowza server, firewall adjustments ~ $50/installation
- Configuration of HTTPS for Wowza for WebRTC / MPEG DASH / HLS (SSL required) ~ $50/installation
- Installation / reinstallation for WHM/CPanel (if license available) ~ $25/installation
- Installation / reinstallation for Softaculous automated scripts installer (if license available) ~ $25/installation
- Server software package upgrades [monthly] ~ $25/installation
- Fine tuning Wowza application configuration for lower HLS / MPEG DASH latency ~ $25/installation
- Optimisation and troubleshooting of RTMP server, including logging/monitoring deactivation/activation, firewall adjustments ~ $25/installation
- Setup of restreaming and/or playlist scheduling for Wowza Streaming Engine ~ $25/installation
- Setup of RTMP Session Control (license required) with Wowza Streaming Engine and applications ~ $25/installation
This service is already included with our Managed Dedicated Streaming Servers
and already deployed on servers hosting our Managed Wowza Hosting Plans
Items above can also be contracted in any combination, per installation, on request
Complete administration service (that includes all items mentioned above) is available for $80 per month, as semi-anually subscription:
Order RTMP Server Administration for 480USD/6 months
- Subscription is billed automatically until cancelled from billing site. Can be cancelled anytime before next renewal if not needed and re-contracted later if necessary.
- Cancel subscription before next billing date to discontinue and prevent another charge.
- Administration service includes 1 installation and 1 reinstallation (if needed) for all items, per billing cycle (if changing servers, after hardware failure or configuration being broken by other administrators)
- Administration service does not include software licensing (for VideoWhisper or 3rd party items) or other services like hosting, hardware rental.
- Updates of software to latest versions are sheduled and provided on request as available (after original installation, in 6 months, 6 monthly updates and 2 quarterly updates can be requested).
- This service is for managing server software and can not solve issues or limitations related to 3rd party server provider services, network, hardware, performance or reliability. If server is not suitable, you can review VideoWhisper turnkey managed dedicated streaming servers.
Most important specification for streaming video is connectivity. Make sure your server has a big connection (1000Mbps preferred) and is physically installed in a reputable datacenter well connected to your target client networks.
VPS servers can be used for development phase or low traffic sites. For hight traffic you should opt for a full dedicated server or shared plan optimised for video streaming.
If you also use server for web hosting, WHM/CPanel is recommended for easy web management.
Install can usually be provided on these distributions:
- Linux: Centos 5+ (recommended), Debian 5+, Fedora 11+, Ubuntu 9+ - via ssh root access
- Windows: 2000, XP, Vista, 7 - via remote desktop
A VPS can be used for live video streaming project development and testing but are not recommended at production times.
Dedicated servers are recommended.
Multiple VPS (Virtual Private Servers) share same server with same hardware (disk, cpu, memory, connection).
While resulting performance issues are not visible when serving http pages, frame loss/latency/temporary freezing can occur in live streams on a VPS, depending on how the other VPS on same server use the shared physical resources and temporary lock these.