- access to videochat is instant directly on the website pages
- the users don't have to download any other video streaming software or rely on often-incompatible Java-based systems for using the video chat
- users don't need a routable IP anymore, and neither to have the firewall down
- the quality of the video and audio is highly increased compared to alternative java platform
Flash Streaming Features
- Flash is the world's most pervasive software platform, reaching over 98% of all connected desktops on the web and distributed with major partners including Microsoft, Apple, Netscape, and AOL.
- Flash offers consistent media experiences across operating systems and browsers freeing up your development staff to work on great new experiences rather than creating hacks to work across platforms.
- Bypass the need to encode into different formats and develop multiple versions of your site to reach multiple platforms. Encode and develop once and deliver everywhere..
- Seamlessly integrate media experiences directly in your website without having to pop-up other windows or browsers for a clean, cohesive look.
- Detect the speed at which the client connects and serve up the appropriate bit rate video. No more confusing ?Choose Size of Video? messages to your end-users.
Flash video has several advantages over other formats, especially the fact that the Flash plugin comes pre-installed on most browsers. Flash video streaming sites support a wide variety of browsers and platforms.
However, until recently, the cost of licensing the Flash Media Server software has been prohibitive. Fortunately, there is now an open source alternative to Flash Media Server, Red5, which is not only free but does more than the regular Adobe's Flash Media Server Software. Red5 is an open source Flash Server written in Java that supports streaming audio and video, recording client video streams, remote shared objects (a flash feature that allows collaborative multi-user applications), live stream publishing (webcasting) and much more.
Wowza Media Server is a commercial alternative with extended functionality. Applications can be configured to stream to:
- Adobe Flash
- Apple iOS: iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Apple QuickTime
- Android, Blackberry and other 3GPP platforms
- IPTV set-top boxes (Amino, Enseo, Roku, Streamit)
- game consoles such as Wii and PS3
The software we develop supports both standard Adobe Flash Media Interactive Server and Red5 / Wowza as it comes with server side application versions for each one. We even provide very accessible premium Wowza hosting, Red5 hosting plans that can handle big sites with big amounts of streaming.