Create Live Video Channels
- Broadcast Live Video from Browser
- Share Channels Link
- HTML Embed Code
- Limit Total Use Time by Channel
- Simple Setup
- Tips ($) with Sound and Message
- Easy to Install, Configure
- Full PHP Source Code
- Easy to Integrate
- Transcoding Support for HTML5 playback
HLS iOS / MPEG DASH Android
The php edition is the easiest choice to setup and run the Live Streaming
application on a website and broadcast live video from webcam to site pages.
Also use this edition to integrate with any php script or content management system that does not have a turnkey integration, yet.
Supports web based interfaces for broadcasting live video, watching live video, text chat discussions with viewers. More advanced features like access and session duration control, tips for broadcasters can be enabled and integrated as needed.
Delivery of plain live video stream using HTML5 is supported: as HLS for PC Safari and iOS/Android mobiles, as MPEG-DASH for PC Chrome and Android mobiles. This requires Wowza hosting for delivery and account level transcoding based on FFMPEG and flash/html5 codecs - all these requirements are available with our Wowza hosting plans.
Find on this page more info about PHP Live Streaming:
Enter Live Streaming Broadcast Demo
How to test:
- Publish channel (you can specify a name or a StudioYYY name will be automatically generated)
- Allow access to your webcam and select the camera/audio source if you have multiple on your system.
- Click the "Channel Link" box (the link will be automatically copied)
- Send link to your friends to watch or open a new browser window or tab
and paste the url there to access the viewer interface for that channel or send
- Test the multiple playback interfaces available (watch and discuss, only video, text chat, iOS transcoder for HLS playback on iPhone, iPad).
Before installing, make sure your hosting environment meets all requirements.
For enabling transcoding for HTML5 HLS / MPEG DASH playback required for iOS/Android delivery, special requirements apply: latest Wowza and FFMPEG with Flash and HTML5 specific codecs.
- If you're not hosting RTMP with us go to RTMP Application Setup for installation details
- Download archive, unzip and copy contents of ls_php to your web installation location. (Example: www.yoursite.com/live/)
- Fill your RTMP path into settings.php
- If you don't have SuPHP, enable write permissions (0777)
for folders: snapshots, uploads
- To enable transcoding for HTML5 playback, configure HLS / MPEG DASH as per Wowza specs and fill httpstreamer & httpdash setting in settings.php .
If you have Wowza hosting with us, our staff can assist with setting this up (our plans come with a rtmp address preconfigured for such usage).