This page explains how to setup product video recordings, live video streaming channels and live video support departments for Magento with turnkey VideoWhisper extensions. Read on this page about features, installation, setup & configuration.
Enrich Magento powered online stores with custom video content and video communication features:
||Product Videos and Reviews Recorder Extension
- Enable administrators to record product videos
- Allow site users to post reviews with video on product page
- HTML5 playback support (ffmpeg and conversion codecs required)
Read more about Video Recorder...
||Live Video Streaming Extension
- Setup live video channels
and enable selected users to broadcast
- Embed a specific channel on content pages
- Embed channels on category pages
- List relevant online channels on each product page
Read more about Live Streaming...
||Live Video Support Extension
- Setup support departments and enable selected users as operators
- Show online departments on certain content, category, contact pages
Read more about Video Messenger...
A demo site is deployed as Magento Commerce Plugins
where some of the features are visible on a test product page
. If you need to access as operator or live broadcaster, register an account on demo site and contact our staff
to add it to operators list.
Before installing, make sure your hosting environment meets all requirements.
- If you're not hosting RTMP with us go to RTMP Application Setup for installation details.
- Download latest version from our site for each extension needed and install using Direct Package File Upload from Magento Connect Manager, accessible from Magento admin area - System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager.
- From Magento admin area - System find VideoWhisper extension settings in left menu ( VideoWhisper : Video Recorder, Live Streaming, Video Messenger) or directly using extension menu settings (in example Video Recorder > Video Recorder Settings ). Fill a functional VideoWhisper RTMP address in extension settings.
If you need to tweak, clean files manually, look for extension folders (vr, ls, vmls, videorecoder, videomessenger, livestreaming) in:
- Flash applications, templates, skins: skin/frontend/base/default/media/
- HTML code templates: app/design/frontend/base/default/template/videowhisper/
- Snapshots: media/
- Code: app/code/community/Videowhisper/
If template width is too small and does not fit new applications, it usually can be changed from skin/frontend/default/your-theme-folder/style.css . Look for wrapper or page and increase width from 960 or other default.
All available application parameters are documented on php edition page for each application.
To customize or create a new integration see integration overview for videowhisper applications.