& Social Networking
This web based Live Streaming plugin can easily be installed on Elgg to enable video broadcasting channels.
Users are enabled to create unlimited live video streaming channels.
Elgg is an award-winning open source social networking engine that provides a robust framework on which to build all kinds of social environments, from a campus wide social network for your university, school or college or an internal collaborative platform for your organization through to a brand-building communications tool for your company and its clients.
Latest VideoWhisper Elgg plugin release was tested to work with Elgg 1.9.1, previous with Elgg 1.8.8, Elgg 1.7.14 and early versions were built for Elgg 1.6.1. All versions can be downloaded from Elgg plugins repository.
All module php scripts are provided with open source code under GPL 2.0 so integrations can be changed as needed.
Online Demo for Elgg Live Streaming Module
Extra Elgg Plugins to use with Elgg Live Streaming Module
There are also other VideoWhisper plugins to use in combination with this:
- Social Connect -Facebook and Twitter integration
- Embed Room Links - list rooms on other websites
- Homepage Template -create and view active rooms on frontpate
- Online User Snapshots -show snapshots from applications that generate these
Installation Instructions for Elgg Live Streaming Module
Before installing, make sure your hosting environment meets all requirements.
- If you're not hosting RTMP with us go to RTMP Application Setup for installation details.
- Download latest Elgg Module zip version and copy the files from the zip file including folder structure to your mod folder in Elgg installation folder. After doing this you should have mod/livestreaming/start.php in your elgg installation folder.
Or download and unzip All Videowhisper Elgg Plugins Pack and upload all plugin folders to mod folder in Elgg installation folder.
- From Elgg administration area, enable the livestreaming module from Tool Administration. Optionally you can add the Live Streaming Rooms widget to default profile widgets and default dashbord widgets.
- Fill the RTMP application path in Live Streaming > Settings on site frontend.
- Get a RTMFP path (i.e. by registering for a free developer key from Adobe Cirrus ) to have your own p2p network.
Customizing Elgg P2P Live Streaming Rooms
The Elgg Live Streaming integration is based on a slightly modified php live streaming edition so you can also check that for customizing settings, integration and implementation of other features. You will find most files mentioned there in mod/livestreaming .
Details, Forums, Downloads for Live Streaming